|This article is a stub.
You can help The Good Place Wiki by expanding it.
End of statement.
- ❝ "I'm Brent Norwalk and I'm a good person! And I don't belong here, I belong in the Best Place!" ❞
- —-Brent Norwalk
Brent Norwalk is a series regular in season 4 of The Good Place, portrayed by Ben Koldyke. He is Subject Four of the four humans selected for the experiment. In life, Brent was a racist, sexist, and misogynistic employer in the Materials Business who was sent to annoy Eleanor Shellstrop by Shawn during the afterlife improvement test. While in the afterlife, he became convinced that the place he was in wasn't good enough and started trying to earn his way into the "Best Place"
Later on in the series, Brent writes a novel called Six Feet Under Par. The other eight, Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani, Jason, Michael, Janet, John and Simone, all think the book is rude, racist and sexist. Chidi attempts to summon a philosophical book from his apartment to discuss it, but the book hits Brent in the head when flying through the air. Brent accuses Chidi of attacking him, and shoves him, which results in Chidi punching Brent across the face.
In the next episode Michael performs a magic trick, causing Brent to fall into a sinkhole. Chidi falls in with him, while Simone and John leave. He soon discovers he will not be going to the 'Best Place' but that Michael and Eleanor tell him he is in the Bad Place. He begins to finally apologize to Chidi, before the two, along with Simone and John, are frozen in place.
He is calculated to have gotten slightly worse by being in the neighborhood. However, it is noticed that he would have improved greatly by apologizing which he was about to do, thereby taking part in saving the human race.
He is last seen on a monitor in the architects' office still participating in his ongoing testing on attempt number 15,724. He explains to his testers how he's helping women by telling them they would be more attractive if they smiled.
He died on earth when he won a game of shots in a Diamond Elite Club Bar with a pilot, and he drunkenly asked if he could fly his helicopter, which resulted in killing them both.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Brent is the third character on The Good Place to write a book, with Six Feet Under Par: A Chip Driver Mystery. (The others are Tahani Al-Jamil with Get Out of the Spotlight and Chidi Anagonye with "Who We Are And Who We Are Not: Practical Ethics and Their Application in the Modern World: Moral Reasoning and the Human Paradox of Self Preservation in relation to the Social Contract: a Treatise on the Value of Universal and Mutually Beneficial Ethical Responses, as Displayed in Everyday Interactions.")
- Brent grew up in a Chicago suburb and went to Princeton, which is where his father and grandfather went before him. He shows great pride in this.
- He inherited his materials company from his father. then it was a 90 million dollar company, and in roughly 40 years Brent had turned it into a 94 million dollar company.
- He is a fan of gold and top gun
- The outfits he wears throughout the fourth season are all made by Norwalk materials, his own company.
- Brent has an unnamed father and Grandfather who both went to Princeton, an unnamed spouse and an unnamed son, who will inheret his company and his 94 million dollars.