One feature of Neighborhood 12358W is that certain profanities are automatically replaced with other words. In Chapter 1, Chidi surmises that this is because most people in the neighborhood don't like swearing, this applies to all neighborhoods and the Good Place Correspondence Center.
That this also allows NBC to air to the show at 8:30pm is, of course, a massive celestial coincidence.
List of WordsEdit
- Fuck: fork (and therefore, motherforker)
- Shit: shirt (and therefore, bullshirt and shirtballs)
- Hell: here (after they realize they're in the Bad Place)
- Bitch: bench (and therefore, "son of a bench")
- Ass: ash (and therefore, ash-hole)
- Cock: cork (and therefore, cork blork for cock block)