- ❝ You know the thing is, the problem really, with being a do-gooder? No one cares ❞
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
MICHAEL MAKES A PLEA AND ELEANOR LOOKS TO TAKE THE HIGH ROAD IN THE SEASON TWO FINALE - Michael (Ted Danson) tries to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
Recap[edit | edit source]
After Michael and Judge Gen confer about what they will do to solve the case, their proposal is refused by Eleanor. The other possible solution was to send all four back to Earth, and if they could be accepted into the Good Place by the end of their lives, the case would be solved though Michael and Gen speak vaguely about it, eventually they decide on this course of action.
The four friends are sent back to Earth, where it shows Eleanor almost getting killed, but right before it would have happened, a mysterious person pulls her away from the danger. She then realizes she almost died, and she makes a superb effort to be a good person for six months, even joining the environmental group whose employee she often tortures, but after things start going downhill again, Eleanor gives up. Six months later Michael appears as a bartender on Earth and talks to her about "what we owe to each other."
It just turns out that Chidi gave a speech on that topic, and Eleanor watches it on her laptop. She then packs up and sets off to St. John's University in Sydney, Australia, where Chidi is a professor. She enters his room, sits down, and the episode cuts to Michael returning to Janet ready to watch their lives play out.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jason Mendoza
- Ted Danson as Michael
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ted Danson used to be a bartender. He throws a towel over his shoulder and leans against the bar to talk to her, then it was similar to his character Sam Malone on Cheers.
Music[edit | edit source]
Features the song "Maybe" by The Submarines.