- ❝ Most great philosophers would say helping you is pointless, that you can't try to be good, especially when your motivations are so obviously corrupt ❞
ELEANOR TRIES TO PROVE SHE IS "GOOD" — Eleanor (Kristen Bell) tries to prove to Chidi (William Jackson Harper) that she is worthy of his help. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) try to help Michael (Ted Danson) feel better about the unknown flaw in his Neighborhood.
Eleanor avoids suspicion in the aftermath of the chaos, and Michael fears he has failed in his first big project. Tahani Al-Jamil organizes a clean up day, but anyone who volunteers will miss out on the opportunity to fly.
Chidi Anagonye agrees to teach Eleanor to be a good person, and requires her to volunteer. She does, but then hides the trash to go flying after all, causing a trash storm to occur; Chidi loses faith in her.
That night, Eleanor feels guilty and cleans the neighborhood herself; Chidi sees her and agrees to continue to help her.
A note is slipped under Eleanor's door, saying that she doesn't belong in The Good Place. Flashbacks to Eleanor's life show that she habitually shirked the responsibility of acting as a designated driver.
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jianyu Li
- and Ted Danson as Michael
- Eleanor — I bet you don't know anything about me
- Chidi — You were born in Phoenix. You went to school in Tempe. You're an only child. Your favorite show is something called "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and your favorite "book" is Kendall Jenner's Instagram feed.
- Eleanor — How did you know all that?
- Chidi — Because you are constantly talking about yourself. You are the most self-obsessed person I have ever met.
- Eleanor — You should see Kendall Jenner's Instagram feed.
- ❝ You know, sometimes a flaw can make something even more beautiful. Like with Cindy Crawford and how short she is ❞
- ❝Janet – Conjure an image that brings you pure joy. Some people think of their wedding day, or favorite vacation spot -
- Eleanor – [concentrating hard] People puking on rollercoasters... people puking on roller coasters...❞
- Michael — So here's the situation, Pevita. I kind of kicked your dog into the sun. But I got her back
- Pevita — [to dog] Oh Teacup, thank goodness you're okay
- Michael — [to bystanders] Everyone, it is merely a construct of a dog. It feels no pain or joy or love
- Pevita — Teacup doesn't love me?
- Michael — Oh no, no, no, no, no. It definitely feels love. Do you actually want a dog that loves you a little bit more? Because I can kick her right back into the sun and get you another one, just like that
The gallery of Chapter 2: Flying can be found Here
Notes and references Edit