While Eleanor and the gang contend with an intense out-of-body experience, Michael hatches a plan with Janet's help.
Michael and Janet arrive in Janet's void. Unfortunately, all the humans are turned into Janet clones. Janet can't change them back, so she does the next best thing, and puts them all into clothes that they'd normally wear.
Michael tells the four of them, that they're going to stay here, while he and Janet go find the head of accounting. Tahani asks, why they can't go with them? Michael says that they can't because the judge is still mad at him and might take it out on them.
Also, the Bad Place is looking for them, so they literally have the entire universe against them. Michael and Janet will find proof that the bad place is tampering with the point system.
Michael talks to a Neutral Janet about seeing the head accountant. Janet says it's weird having people in her void. Meanwhile, Chidi is freaking out about being inside Janet, so Eleanor tries to calm him down by summoning a puppy. The real Janet appears, and tells her to stop doing that, because they might shatter the void and they'll all disappear forever.
Michael and Janet meet with Neil, the Head Accountant. Michael tells him that he's worried that The Bad Place has been tampering with the points. Michael asks to be shown how the system works. The head account agrees to show them around. Eleanor asks Chidi if they should talk about them being soulmates. Chidi says they can, but there isn't much to talk about because it wasn't him, but another version of himself. This upsets Eleanor, who tries to make his puppy disappear, but only makes more appear.
The Head Accountant shows them the feed, that records all the actions of humans, and assigns them points. He says that most weird new things that happen are sex related. The head accountant says that the system is flawless and tampering is impossible. Michael asks if they can see one file in particular: Doug Forcett file. Chidi says that if he can't remember what happened that means that it didn't happen to him.
Jason tells him, that just because he can't remember doing something, doesn't mean that he didn't do it. Eleanor says that he is just avoiding talking about his feelings. The Head Accountant tells them that Doug is screwed, and Michael tells him that Doug has spent his entire life being good. Michael asks, "how can that be?" The Head Account says, "the math is flawless." Janet reappears and yells at them for conjuring something. Chidi begins to apologize, but Janet is talking about Jason, who conjured up a hot tub and Pillboi. Janet goes back to Michael and tells him to hurry up.
Michael asks to see one more file. Someone who is going to The Good Place this year. The Head Account says that the last time someone got into The Good Place was 521 years ago. Jason tells Chidi to just tell Eleanor that he doesn't like her. Chidi says it isn't that that he just can't take knowing one more thing after having found out that he died and redied.
Jason tries to tell him a story but Chidi figures out that it's Eleanor pretending to be Jason. This upsets Chidi but Eleanor asks what she was supposed to do. That she doesn't even know who she is anymore. Suddenly, she transforms into a young girl. Chidi tries to talk to Eleanor but then Janet appears.
She tells Eleanor that because she's losing her sense of self she's bringing down the void with her. Janet tells her to "do something Eleanor-y" before she disappears. Tahani and Jason wander around when they come to a big screen. The screen contains all of Janet's information. They learn that Janet has a crush on Jason and that they were married in an alternate reality.
Michael tells the Head Accountant that the Bad Place has hacked his system but the Head Accountant doesn't believe it. Janet says that Michael has to fix this because he's the only one who can fix what's wrong with the afterlife. Chidi tries to help Eleanor remember who she is. He kisses her as the world is ending and they both turn back to normal. Janet throws them up in the accounting office and the alarm starts to go off.
Michael tells them about what they found out and that he's going to save them. He knocks the cake out of the Head Accountant's hand and runs away with the others following him. They go to the room, where they decide who goes to the Bad Place, and who goes to The Good Place. Michael asks for someone to volunteer to try it out and Jason does. He gets sucked up into The Good Place and then Michael tells everyone else to do it. They all end up going to The Good Place and Eleanor proves it because she can't curse.
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet/Eleanor/Chidi/Tahani/Jason/Neutral Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jason Mendoza
- and Ted Danson as Michael
- Monica Padman as Eleanor-1
- Michael Hagiwara as Eleanor-2
- Mac Jarman as Eleanor-3
- Carol Herman as Eleanor-4
- Lauryn Speights as Eleanor-5
- Sean Riley Smith as Eleanor-6
- Garrett Nichols as Eleanor-7
- Brandon Devine as Eleanor-8
The Good JokesEdit
- ❝ Billy Joel! I Found it on Etsy! There was nowhere to park! Did you fill up the Brita? ❞
- —Jason, saying white people stuff
- ❝ For example, a couple in Osaka, Japan just decided to have a destination wedding negative twelve-hundred points. Oh, it's destination themed wedding, negative four thousand three-hundred points. The theme is Lord of the Rings, they're basically doomed ❞
- —Neil the Head Accountant
- ❝ I just got seven hundred new weird sex things themed files in the last second ❞
- —Matt the "Weird Sex Things" Accountant
- ❝ Oh yeah, Burning Man just started. Buckle up Matty! It's going to be a long week! ❞
- —Neil the Head Accountant
- D'Arcy Carden has praised her cast-mates for their advice when she played them all in this episode. Michael Schur, Marc Evan Jackson and Ken Garoo believe D'Arcy deserves an Emmy for that performance.
- In this episode we found out that no one got in the Good Place in 521 years. However in the pilot episode Michael tells Eleanor that Abraham Lincoln is in the Good Place. Lincoln died in 1865 (151 years before 2016). Of course, he was torturing her so it could be a lie.
- Roughly 17 minutes into the episode, Neil says "So, if there's nothing else...", but his lips don't move while he speaks,