Eleanor helps Michael introduce the first new human to the Neighborhood; Chidi discovers a complication. Various events occur in a certain specific order.
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jason Mendoza
- Ted Danson as Michael
- Pandæmonium is the capital of Hell in John Milton's Paradise Lost. The name literally means "all demons", but the word has come to mean "complete chaos".
- The definition of pandemonium represents the confusing mess that is the human experience, and is brought up when Janet comforts Eleanor.
- Paradise Lost is referenced as well by Eleanor adding that she was tricked into reading it by Chidi who said that the devil was her type.
- As "Pandemonium" literally means "all the demons", it can also be interpreted as the personal demons that The Bad Place sends for each of the four humans.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.