- ❝ Tahani might be a little British and condescending at times, but she devoted her entire life to helping other people. She's a good person. Accept that ❞
- —Chidi, to Eleanor
ELEANOR GETS SCHOOLED — Chidi (William Jackson Harper) begins formally teaching Eleanor (Kristen Bell) about ethics, and lesson No. 1 is: be kind to your neighbor. Michael (Ted Danson) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) help Chidi find a new, exciting hobby.
Eleanor suspects Tahani of writing the note but ultimately accepts that Tahani is genuinely good and begins to form a real friendship with her, comforting her over her dissatisfaction with Jianyu's vow of silence.
Janet cycles through a series of bizarre personalities.
Michael recruits Eleanor to help investigate the problems in the neighborhood. Jianyu reveals that he wrote the note; he confronts Eleanor, speaking to reveal that he also doesn't belong in The Good Place.
In Eleanor's flashback, her boyfriend Andy makes a conscious effort to be good, but Eleanor concludes that being good is pointless and too much work in a world full of bad things.
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jianyu Li
- and Ted Danson as Michael
- ❝Chidi – Exploring makes me nervous. I have what doctors call "directional insanity". I once got lost on an escalator. So not exactly Christopher Columbus
- Janet – Fun fact! Columbus is in the Bad Place because of all the raping, slave trade, and genocide❞
- ❝Chidi – I prefer to take my time with things
- Michael – Yes, I know. You never even named your dog, did you? When it ran away, you posted signs saying "responds to long pauses"❞
- ―Oh boy
The gallery for Chapter 3: Tahani Al-Jamil can be found Here
Notes and references Edit