Uncertainty abounds when an unexpected visitor arrives.
Eleanor, Michael, tahani, Jason and Janet conduct a group activity with the four humans, Brent, Simone, John and Chidi, where their pictionary drawings come to life. Chidi does a very bad drawing of a horse, which then comes to life as a monster horse and attacks the neighborhood.
Eleanor suggests the Soul Squad do an all night brainstorm on good person provoking activities, but Michael want to have a non-productive slumber party instead.
Meanwhile, one of the demons, Glenn, defects from The Bad Place and arrives at the experiment in The Medium Place. He tells Eleanor that Michael is actually Vicky in a Michael-suit. The gang separate and interrogate Michael and Glenn, until they can get to the bottom of it. Eleanor uncovers a few secrets about Michael, and Janet accidentally turns Glenn into goo. Then Jason realizes that Janet is the real infiltrator, Bad Janet. After handcuffing Bad Janet, Jason and Michael set off to rescue Good Janet from The Bad Place.
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet/Bad Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jason Mendoza
- and Ted Danson as Michael/Michael-suit Vicky
- Marc Evan Jackson as Shawn
- Jason Mantzoukas as Derek
- Brandon Scott Jones as John Wheaton
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Simone Garnett
- Ben Koldyke as Brent Norwalk
- ❝Brent – (to Chidi) Just start drawing, ma brotha
- Simone – Oh, no. No, no, no, no. No, no, no. No❞
- ―Yup: No.
- ❝Eleanor – All right, buttheads, what do we do?
- Jason – I say we trust Michael. He's our friend
- Tahani – Well, he might be our friend, or he might be a lying trickster who just looks like our friend. A classic Mary-Kate Olsen❞
- Michael's demon form is a Fire-Octopus, 6000 ft tall with tentacles, a long neck, teeth everywhere, who's constantly on fire with a smell and "lots of juice".
- Brent's constantly trying to take Janet 'out to dinner' so they can 'discuss her career'.
- Michael pretends to be upset that Eleanor wants to lock himself and Glenn in separate rooms because they don't trust them. He says the line, then repeats it emotionally upon discovering it's real, similarly to when he and Chidi were fighting