Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Uncertainty abounds when an unexpected visitor arrives.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Eleanor, Michael, Tahani, Jason and Janet play a game with Brent, Simone, John and Chidi, where their Pictionary drawings come to life. Chidi makes a very bad drawing of a horse, which then comes to life as a nightmarish monstrosity that runs amok through the neighborhood.
Later, Eleanor suggests the Soul Squad do an all night brainstorm on good person provoking activities, but Michael wants to have a non-productive slumber party instead.
Suddenly, one of the demons, Glenn, arrives, claiming that he's defecting from The Bad Place. He tells Eleanor that Michael is being impersonated by Vicky in a Michael-suit. The gang separate and interrogate Michael and Glenn, trying to figure out if Glenn is telling the truth. Michael insists that he hasn't been replaced, but he won't remove his suit, as he's worried that the humans would be horrified by his true form as a gigantic fire squid and never see him in the same way again. Janet takes out a device she claims is a lie detector, but when she uses it on Glenn, he explodes into goo. Michael alleviates everyone's concerns when he explains that this didn't kill Glenn, as his body will reform itself eventually. To prove to everyone that he's the real Michael, Michael offers to blow himself up with the goo gun. Before he can do that, Jason then restrains Janet with a pair of handcuffs Mindy used on Derek, revealing her to be a Bad Janet who has replaced the Squad's Janet when they returned Chris back to the Bad Place. He figured this out when "Janet" didn't reply with her usual "not a girl" phrase while speaking with him. Bad Janet explains that Shawn rebooted her multiple times to upgrade her so that she could be able to convincingly act helpful without exploding in on herself. Knowing what they have to do, Jason and Michael set off to rescue Good Janet from The Bad Place.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet/Bad Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jason Mendoza
- and Ted Danson as Michael/Michael-suit Vicky
- Marc Evan Jackson as Shawn
- Jason Mantzoukas as Derek
- Brandon Scott Jones as John Wheaton
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Simone Garnett
- Ben Koldyke as Brent Norwalk
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- ❝Brent – (to Chidi) Just start drawing, ma brotha
- Simone – Oh, no. No, no, no, no. No, no, no. No❞
- ―Yup: No.
- ❝Eleanor – All right, buttheads, what do we do?
- Jason – I say we trust Michael. He's our friend
- Tahani – Well, he might be our friend, or he might be a lying trickster who just looks like our friend. A classic Mary-Kate Olsen❞
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Michael's demon form is a Fire-Squid, 6000 ft tall with tentacles, a long neck, teeth everywhere, who's constantly on fire with a smell and "lots of juice".
- Brent's constantly trying to take Janet 'out to dinner' so they can 'discuss her career'.
- Michael pretends to be upset that Eleanor wants to lock himself and Glenn in separate rooms because they don't trust them. He says the line, then repeats it emotionally upon discovering it's real, similarly to when he and Chidi were fighting