On the last day of the experiment, Chidi is faced with one final ethical dilemma.
As the final day of the experiment winds down, Eleanor plans to get the humans a few last minute points, but is derailed when Simone tries to convince the other humans that they're not in The Good Place. The others reveal their own secrets, including Brent's "Best Place" promise and Jiyanu's true identity. Chidi also tells Simone that Eleanor said that they were soulmates. The gang decide they need to do a points Hail Mary and blow up the experiment. They open up a sink hole during Michael's magic show and Brent falls in. Simone and John take his Escalade and run. Finally, Eleanor and Michael confirm for Brent and Chidi that they are in The Bad Place. Brent has an under the wire last minute revelation.
- Kristen Bell as Eleanor Shellstrop
- William Jackson Harper as Chidi Anagonye
- Jameela Jamil as Tahani Al-Jamil
- D'Arcy Carden as Janet
- Manny Jacinto as Jason Mendoza
- and Ted Danson as Michael
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Simone Garnett
- Ben Koldyke as Brent Norwalk
- Brandon Scott Jones as John Wheaton
- "Help is Other People" title comes from a play on words from the Jean-Paul Satre's French screenplay No Exit where the main character concludes that Hell is Other People. Schur has acknowledged the work of this play as inspiration for The Good Place.