- "Honestly? I don't really think about you."
- —Kamilah to Tahani right before her death
Kamilah is a character in The Good Place, played by Rebecca Hazlewood.
Kamilah is the humorously overly extraordinary, wunderkind younger sister of Tahani Al-Jamil. She was born in Pakistan and was raised in high society England.
She is very well educated and an exceptionally high achiever.
Due to her many achievements throughout her life and constant praise from her mother and father, Kamilah greatly overshadowed her older sister—which caused Tahani to resent her. It is heavily implied that Kamilah has no love for her older sister or anyone else.
At the reading of their parents will Tahani becomes exasperated that her parents spelt her name wrong and says Kamilah can inherit everything.
Right before Tahani's death, Kamilah was at a party celebrating her induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, to which she didn't invite her sister Tahani. She states that she thinks Tahani will do better as a cocktail waitress than a relief-worker. Just moments before Tahani died, Kamilah freely admits that she doesn't think about Tahani at all.
Tahani becomes very upset and attempts to pull down the gold statue of her sister resulting in her own death.
However, in Season 3 it is revealed that Kamilah actually hated the way their parents pitted the two sisters against each other, with the parents remaining a united front. This was reflected in her art exhibition.
- Kamilah is the younger of the two sisters. It is heavily implied that because Kamilah was so extraordinary, (and her parents constant comparison of her to Tahani), Tahani spent her life trying to live up to or exceed those standards, which landed her in the bad place. Later we learn that their parents constantly pitted Kamilah and Tahani against each other, creating their mutal resentment.
- Her first name, Kamilah, means "Perfect," in Arabic, a name not only representative of what she is portrayed as, but also in contrast to her sister Tahani, as Tahani means "Congratulations," as opposed to Kamilah meaning "Perfect."
- Some of Kamilah's achievements include:
- The youngest person to graduate from Oxford University.
- World class painter.
- Social activist.
- Olympic gold medalist in archery.
- Grammy award winner for her album.
- BAFTA award winner for her documentary about her Grammy award winning album.
- Voted "Most likely to be Banksy."
- Was offered to be the cover girl for International Sophisticate Magazine.
- Youngest person ever to be inducted into the Rock & Rock Hall of Fame.